I spent last weekend in New York, meeting with friends in the sports business and companies that might be able to help out Dynasty‘s current clients and its expansion efforts. It has already proved to be a very rewarding trip. I am very close to finally being all settled in my new home in Fort Lauderdale. One nice thing about being in this location is that I am not too far from some of my clients, including Pete Parise, who I will be seeing tonight. I attended a Young Lawyers social gathering last night, which was a pleasant experience. There are a lot of young, bright people in this city. Clint Robinson is on an absolute tear. It has been a joy helping him manage his career to date. I just cannot wait until he hits the Majors and everyone knows his name. Here are some stories I missed from this past week:
- Finally an advantage to being an attorney agent? [Broader Implications of the MLBPA’s Proposed Rule Change Regarding Agent Non-Competition Agreements]
- Smart move by finding a niche [His major league dreams dashed, local agent Nik Lubisich builds agency catering to Northwest players].
- September call-ups are usually pretty exciting [Clubs set for September’s youth movement].
- After much anticipation, it is coming soon [Plenty Riding On Under Armour’s Basketball Shoe].
- I also doubt that Saban is anti-agent; he just needs to be more eloquent with his language [NFL agents want the same thing as Saban].
- Will this boost TV ratings in year 2? [Multiple former NFL players join the UFL]
- Good luck to Abu Toppin and Jack Huntington [Can Small Agency Hold On To Victor Cruz?].
- A lot of agents are going to soon be very busy working the phones [How an agent can define a career].