Rosh Hashanah ends and Shabbat begins. College football and NFL football are back. No doubt, the year has officially begun. With a full slate of college and professional games on TV this Saturday and Sunday, I doubt many people will be making out of their houses this weekend. That gives you plenty of an opportunity to catch up on SportsAgentBlog.com posts you might have missed over the past couple of months. For those of you on Twitter that are not yet following The Master Twitter list of sports agents/agencies, what are you waiting for? It’s free and full of agents and agencies speaking their minds. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Final cuts are never really the final cuts [Guys who made the cut shouldn’t uncork the champagne yet].
- It’s a big win for Revis. The Jets make decisions differently than the Raiders! [Darrelle Revis Didn’t Get the Nnamdi Asomugha Money He Wanted, So Why’d He Sign with the Jets?]
- Note that the 85% rule is only applicable in an uncapped year [Sources: NFLPA monitoring trades].
- Joe Haden and Gerald McCoy find themselves in good situations [Under The Cap: Top 10 Draft Picks].
- Continuing to dig into the Blake/Wichard relationship [Former UNC coach had agent on speed dial].
- For anyone who scoffs at starting out as an intern [Grant has tough task ahead of him].
- Read the thoughts from the anonymous agent at the bottom of the post [The NBA and Weight Clauses: Derrick Caracter joins Glen “Big Baby” Davis as Weighted Players].
- More attention to be paid by both sides in negotiations [The Impact of Tiger Woods Scandal on Morals Clauses in Endorsement Contracts].
- Chris Dingman answers some questions about his niche athlete real estate business [How Do Pro Athletes Handle Their Real Estate Needs?].