I was supposed to be hit by a Tropical Storm two days ago, but it ended up being nothing more than a severe rainstorm. This has been quite a slow Hurricane Season, but no complaints out of me. I am now officially sworn in as an attorney in the State of Florida. If you or someone you know needs legal help, the consultation is on me, free of charge. Clint Robinson is getting ready to head down to Puerto Rico to compete for Arecibo in the Puerto Rico Baseball League. It will hopefully build on his strengths and cure any of his weaknesses leading up to next year, which should be his first season in the Majors. I’m going to check out the Social Network movie tonight. Also, check out ChangeLegal.com when you get a chance and let me know what you think. Here are some stories I missed over the past week.
- A call for action [Scott Mooneyham: Outrage over UNC football missing].
- How Tom Kaufmann of Kaufmann Sports Management got his start [The story of 2 lifelong dreams intertwined around a love for football].
- Less days for exclusive negotiating rights with departing free agents, and sooner deadlines for tendering contracts and offering and accepting arbitration [MLBPA Confirms Offseason Date Changes].
- But he did have the assistance of an attorney [Andray Blatche negotiated deal without an agent].
- Jussi Rynnas has his agent’s (Allain Roy) face on his goalie mask [Is this the strangest mask in hockey?].
- Malki Kawa received the bad news on national TV [Agent fired on live television; chooses Jones and ‘JWoww’ over Mitrione].
- I’ll go with asset, but I am slightly biased [Sports Agents: Asset or Bane for an Athlete].
- “There is no fear factor out there for people in our business” [Angst Over Agents].