What a week. If sports agents were not officially under the microscope prior to the Sports Illustrated piece that has consumed the world (check out posts from this week if you have not yet read the story), then there is surely no doubt that the profession is being watched now. Last weekend in Gainesville was fun, even though the result of the LSU game was less than desired. I continue to do a bunch of legal work, and am loving every part of being an attorney. If you have some work to refer, don’t be shy to come forth. Clint Robinson is down in Puerto Rico now and should have a fantastic Winter Ball season. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Was the damage preventable? [With 3 players gone, UNC will tighten rules]
- A state of Ohio lawmaker wants to expand the authority of the Ohio attorney general [Sports Agents In Crosshairs At Statehouse].
- And now every agent thinks his players deserve big contracts in Turkey [Turkish team offers Iverson $2 million deal].
- And the 19-year-old is still smiling [Xavier Henry knows all about the business of basketball].
- Some Doc guy and a white dude named Josh wanted to talk to one of Bechta’s clients [Agent Josh Luchs tells all for SI].
- Another Jack Bechta piece. How many top rated juniors and seniors are currently on the take? [Majority of highest-rated players on the take].
- About ‘Make My Day Mondays #MMDM’ [Interview with NHL Sports Agent Scott Norton on Social Media, Twitter Campaigns].
- Mahesh Bhupathi has won 11 Grand Slam titles, but after the 2012 Summer Olympics, he plans to devote his time to being an agent [Indian Tennis Star Looks To Double Pleasure As Sports Agent].