Cameron Newton. Okay, Now I Have Your Attention
Here’s the tie to the sports agent world – The Spotlight On Kenny Rodgers Cannot Help Ian Greengross – surprising how few people are talking about that mess.
But for a while, the rest of the sports community can take their focus away from us agents, and start talking about some other common figures when it comes to college recruiting – runners, boosters…and the FBI?
- The FBI wants to know if young men are being shopped to colleges. – TMZ
- Cam Newton told a Mississippi State recruiter that he picked Auburn because “the money was too much.” – Joe Schad, ESPN
- John Bond never actually spoke to Kenny Rodgers. – Ty Duffy, The Big Lead
- On November 27, 2009, Cecil Newton was at a hotel in Starkville, Miss. and asked two Mississippi State coaches about the payment for his son to attend Mississippi State. – AP + ESPN
- Cecil Newton admitted to talking with an ex-Mississippi State University player about payments in return for Cam Newton’s commitment to play football at Mississippi State. – WSB Atlanta
- Cecil Newton’s solicitation of money from Mississippi State may be all that is needed for Auburn to suffer. – Clay Travis, AOL FanHouse
- Kenny Rodgers texted a Mississippi State booster with a payment plan that would push Cam Newton to play for the Bulldogs. – Mark Schlabach, Chris Low and Pat Forde, ESPN
I have been staying away from doing my own reporting, because much like my brethren at other websites, I am only receiving accounts of hearsay.
It’s like a Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up a day early. Don’t worry, Friday’s wrap-up will be here for you to digest tomorrow.