I feel honored to be nominated as the Top Sports Social Media Professional of 2010. It is a very impressive list of professionals with a variety of backgrounds. If you enjoy my work on this site and my Tweets, cast a vote in my direction. And this blog feels very honored to be up for Top Sports Business Resource of 2010! Vote for Sports Agent Blog. It has been uncharacteristically cold in South Florida this week. I do not know how many of you northern readers get out of bed every morning in single digit temperatures. We are testing a new commenting system called Disqus. Hopefully you find it aesthetically pleasing and it encourages to leave your thoughts on the articles we publish. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Basketball players continue to think global; look for this trend to continue [Kobe Bryant To Endorse Turkish Airlines].
- Two Facebook status updates and three Twitter mentions [Suns First To Offer Social Media Suite Package].
- I agree with Professor McCann…I don’t see the NBPA going ahead with decertification [Implications of an NBPA decertification].
- Mark Bartelstein is advising his clients to vote in favor of decertification [N.B.A. Players Voting on Step Toward Dissolving Union].
- As the federal jobless rate hovers around 10% [MLB’s average salary eclipses $3M].
- At 41-years-young, he has many years of success ahead of him [Darek Braunecker, Agent for Cliff Lee, Is Getting Noticed].
- Certainly a lot of activity as of late [Weiner: Changes in MLB free agent rules seem to be working].
- Not that many other teams would want to inherit that contract [Jayson Werth has a full no-trade clause].