I heard that two days ago Florida was the only state in the United States to not have fresh snow on the ground. I sure hope Florida schools are selling that to their recruits. Cancelling school for Snow Days is fun, but it’s not fun when in slightly better conditions you have to trudge through the snow to get to class. Next week I will be taking the test to become admitted to practice in the Southern District of Florida. This will allow me to work on state and federal cases. I will be on West Palm Beach CBS’ Beyond the Game again this Saturday. Watch it when it airs at 7:30 p.m. or be sure to catch it when I link to it on all of my social sites next week. We did a slight re-design this week. Not too much has changed; hope you like it. Should have some new announcements soon regarding a new partnership regarding this site and a new deal for a Dynasty client. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Joe Panos won’t give advice to players regarding leaving school early for the NFL [Watt 'loves to compete with the best,' ex-Badger Panos says].
- Trying to avoid a knee-jerk reaction [NCAA likely won't propose emergency legislation regarding Newton case at this week's convention].
- Marvin Austin will appear in the East-West Shrine Game on January 22nd [Disgraced Tar Heel Austin to play in all-star game].
- The stories that future agents really need to read [A ruthless business].
- Rick Smith thinks basketball will be harder to control than football [NCAA targets agent problem].
- My man Jason Belzer poses a good question on MSNBC [Business Answers: Marketing & Angel Funding].
- Ted Forstmann doesn’t like IMG being referred to as an agency [IMG's Ted Forstmann talks gambling, global sports growth].
- A 72-year-old member of the tribe [‘Most interesting man’ keeps drinkers thirsty for Dos Equis].