Joe Flanagan And BTI Sports Breaking Out In 2011
One of the main things that I will be watching during this year’s NFL Draft is the success of Joe Flanagan and his DePere, Wisconsin based company, BTI Sports. Flanagan, a licensed attorney, is a Co-Founder of BTI Sports along with his partner, Brad Leshnock.
As of the publishing of this post, Dominic Perilli predicts that Da’Quan Bowers will be the first player selected in the 2011 NFL Draft. Bowers is represented by Flanagan. But Bowers is only one player in Flanagan’s 2011 Draft Class, which is full of prospects. The following list includes BTI Sports’ 2011 Draft Class along with their projected draft ranking, provided by NFLDraftScout.com.
- Kyle Adams, TE, Purdue – 6-7 round
- Colin Baxter, OL, Arizona – 13th best center
- Da’Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson – 1st round
- Bryant Browning, OL, Ohio State – 7th round
- Lester Jean, WR, Florida Atlantic – 7th round-free agent
- Jarvis Jenkins, DT, Clemson – 2-3 round
- Jeron Johnson, DB, Boise State – 4th round
- Armand Robinson, WR, Miami-Ohio – 42nd best wide receiver
- Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State – 7th round
- Derrell Smith, LB, Syracuse – 16th best inside linebacker
BTI Sports could very well end up with around 7 drafted players, including Bowers being the first player taken in the draft. Their draft class is even more impressive when read alongside the company’s current NFL client roster, which is comprised of many lesser known players including Chris Greisen, Austin Spitler, Adam Stenavich, and Adam Tadisch. It is not as if Flanagan is in Rosenhaus’ shoes recruiting players with brochures that include names like Darnell Dockett, DeSean Jackson, and Beanie Wells.
Flanagan and BTI Sports will be dropping a lot of money on their players leading up to their Pro Days and the NFL Combine. Other than a few players who will be training at their respective schools, most listed will be training at one of the Athletes Performance academies at a hefty price.