I am happy to announce that I have passed another Bar Exam. I am now admitted to practice in the Southern District of Florida. That means I can start taking on Federal cases. I created a short video about Sports Agent Blog. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments. You can even Tweet it if you dare. I will be on the CBS West Palm Beach Beyond the Game again tomorrow. I’m becoming a regular on the set! What’s your thoughts on all these NFL early entries? Lots of great articles that I couldn’t get to this week, so I will stop talking and start sharing the reads:
- Dan Lozano says Spring Training or bust [Pujols' Agent Sets Deadline For Extension Talks].
- Lozano’s old firm gets some love [Beverly Hills Sports Council Finds Relief].
- $369.5 million spent on disabled list players last season [High cost for DL'd players concerns MLB].
- I love Chien-Ming Wang’s Silver Slugger clause [Players show they have a little creativity].
- Not an easy task, but off-field stupidity could lower the amount a team has to pay a player [Trying to void an MLB contract: Three case studies].
- Mike Florio wonders whether the UFL will make it past 2011 [Huyghue says UFL “will catch up on our bills”].
- Rohan Ricketts understands the value in having an agent you can trust [Diary of a Pro Footballer: The Truth About Footballers and Agents].
- A hybrid of MiLB contracts and Generation adidas [What Would Paying Student-Athletes Look Like?].