I am heading to Tampa for the weekend to experience Gasparilla for the first time. While everyone has been complaining about the snow, it has been absolutely beautiful down here in South Florida. Hate to rub it in, but it feels real good. Here are a couple of clips (Part 1/Part 2) from last weekend’s Beyond the Game (a West Palm Beach CBS show that I have been on quite a bit lately). I absolutely love the experience of being on-air. I will be posting a Super Bowl Party Primer on Monday, so if you are heading to Dallas, make sure to swing by to check it out next week. I have been tweeting a lot lately. Follow me – @Darren_Heitner – if you would like. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- He is now in Michigan’s Hall of Honor [Former Michigan baseball star Casey Close remains true to himself, makes a name as a top agent].
- Gap of $1.5 million and may come down to CAA talking about his durability while the Orioles focus on his lackluster stats [Jeremy Guthrie’s Arbitration Case].
- I agree – the #1 case to watch is Josh Hamilton’s [Ten Arbitration Cases To Watch].
- Former GA Tech players Boras has represented includes Mark Teixeira, Jason Varitek, Matt Wieters, Eric Patterson, and Tyler Green [Scott Boras to Speak at Georgia Tech Baseball’s Benefit Dinner on Feb. 17].
- Bill Duffy and Mark Bartelstein say no, if it means moving it to an earlier date [Should early-entry withdrawal date move?].
- The LeBron James Effect – the Miami Heat’s worth increased 17%, to $425 million [The NBA’s Most Valuable Teams].
- But his agent Ryan Tollner sure has his back [Nothing Big About Ben In The Marketing World].
- Whose hair will you root for in the Super Bowl? [Clay Matthews Signs Hair Endorsement Deal With Suave].