Agent Selection Scenarios: Ohio State Basketball
We are eight days into the month of March, which means that the NCAA Tournament is right around the corner. Before the teams are selected for the Tournament, many schools will battle to earn an automatic berth by winning their respective conference championships. With so much focus on NCAA Basketball, we figured that we would get in on the act by looking at some of the top teams in the country, analyze where their alum who play in the NBA ended up going for professional representation, and consider where this year’s draft prospects will wind up. We will start this new feature with The Ohio State University.
- Mike Conley, Jr. – BDA Sports (Mike Conley, Sr.). Averaging roughly 14 points per game for the Grizzlies.
- Othello Hunter – David Lee Services (David Lee). Hunter is currently playing in the Lega Basket Serie A in Italy for Dinamo Basket Sassari.
- Ron Lewis – Unknown – last listed with Jason Levien. Playing in the NBL (Czech Basketball League) for CEZ Basketball Nymburk.
- B.J. Mullens – ASM Sports (Andy Miller). Currently on the Tulsa 66ers D-League roster.
- Greg Oden – BDA Sports (Mike Conley, Sr.). Plagued by knee injuries.
- Michael Redd – Kevin Poston. Expected to return from injury around March 21.
- Kosta Koufos – Mark Termini Associates (Mark Termini)
- Daequan Cook – BDA Sports (Mike Conley, Sr.). Getting limited playing time for the Thunder.
- Evan Turner – FAME (David Falk).
Termini has some serious Cleveland, Ohio roots, having gone to law school at Cleveland State University and worked in the Cleveland Cavaliers front office. He also represented Jim Jackson. But Mike Conley, Sr. is the main around campus. However, all three of his clients listed above were a part of the same draft class. Oden and Cook were tight with his son, who he also represents. Will Conley, Sr. once again try to get in with the OSU draft eligible players in 2011, or will Termini, Andy Miller, or some other agent get in on the action? David Falk has been very selective in his recruiting since coming back to the business. If he goes after anyone at OSU this year, it will be Sullinger.
Jared Sullinger will likely be a top 5 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. The Freshman is very likely to leave after this year. William Buford is a talented shooting guard, but he still has one year left before graduation. Will he leave early and select an agent? Last, David Lighty, the senior shooting guard, has a good shot of being drafted, and could be selected in the upper half of the second round.