Agent Selection Scenarios: Notre Dame Basketball
Notre Dame is a very impressive team, that has only lost to 5 teams this year, 4 of them being Big East powerhouses, and the other is the University of Kentucky. The Fighting Irish are a sexy pick in NCAA brackets, but there is a lingering concern that they lost in the first round last year to Old Dominion. Maybe it was just a bad match-up. Anyway, here are some players who have “made it” from Notre Dame, along with their agents of record.
- Chris Quinn – Mark Bartelstein (Priority Sports)
- Luke Harangody – Mark Bartelstein (Priority Sports)
- Troy Murphy – Dan Fegan (Lagardere Unlimited)
- Matt Carroll – Dan Fegan (Lagardere Unlimited)
- Russell Carter – Greg Haenke (Edge Sports)
- Kyle McAlarney – Stu Lash (Lagardere Unlimited)
- Ryan Ayers – Aaron Reilly (AMR Agency)
At first glance, Notre Dame looks like a fight between heavy hitters Dan Fegan of Lagardere and Mark Bartelstein of Priority Sports. The school is not known for churning out top NBA talent, though. If anybody from this year’s team is selected in the draft, it will be 6’3 Ben Hansbrough, brother of Tyler Hansbrough. Tyler is represented by Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports Management, so Fegan and Bartelstein may not be the front runners for Notre Dame’s best player in 2011.