At 9:45 p.m. EST, the Arizona Wildcats will take one the #1 seeded Duke Blue Devils (who I happen to have winning the entire NCAA Tournament). The Wildcats are no push over, though. In fact, the team has one of the best players in the nation with Sophomore Derrick Williams. The kid can flat out play. Here are some other former Wildcats who got work done on the court at Arizona and later on as professionals.
- Hassan Adams – David Lee (David Lee Services). Currently playing for Rain or Shine Elasto Painters of the Philippine Basketball Association.
- Gilbert Arenas – No agent
- Jerryd Bayless – Jeff Schwartz (Excel Sports Management)
- Mike Bibby – David Falk (FAME)
- Chase Budinger – Kevin Bradbury (BDA Sports)
- Channing Frye – Rob Pelinka (Landmark Sports Agency)
- Jordan Hill – Kevin Bradbury (BDA Sports)
- Andre Iguodala – Rob Pelinka (Landmark Sports Agency)
- Richard Jefferson – Todd Eley (Stratosphere Sports)
- Jason Terry – Dan Fegan (Lagardere Unlimited)
- Luke Walton – James Tanner (Williams & Connolly)
- Marcus Williams – Aaron Goodwin (Goodwin Sports Management). Not quite sure what happened to him.
BDA Sports and Landmark Sports Agency both seem to be in the lead with two players each, but no one firm has dominated Arizona basketball over the years. Other big names seen at many other schools include Williams & Connolly, Lagardere Unlimited, and Excel Sports Management. Thus, it seems like anybody has a shot at Derrick Williams, who has to be leaving after this year. As stated last week, BDA Sports, Landmark Sports Agency, and Wasserman Media Group (which is not listed above) are all pushing for the right to rep Williams. Time will tell who the victor will be.
One reply on “Agent Selection Scenarios: Arizona Basketball”
[…] March 24, 2011, I looked at which agents and agencies have signed talented Arizona basketball players over the past few years. I noted that BDA Sports […]