I am going on a year long trip around the world and will not be posting any updates to this site until 4/1/2012. April Fools? It feels good to have baseball again. It is too bad that the headlines will continue to revolve around the NFL/NFLPA labor dispute. I picked one Final Four team correctly – Kentucky. But I don’t have Kentucky advancing to the championship. Thus, my bracket is officially busted. Heading to LA LA Land next weekend to be a part of this awesome event. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Former Boras Corp. employee talks about the industry and his new position [Baseball Sports Agency: Meet VP, Tim Murphy].
- His best response was getting Oliver Perez a new deal [Agent Boras defends himself against ‘Player X’].
- 7-day disabled list [MLB, union adopt universal concussion policy].
- I think the NFLPA has done enough; no need to affirmatively encourage players to attend the NFL Draft [NFLPA says it’s not asking players or agents to boycott draft].
- Rosenhaus is advising his clients to hold off on workouts organized by players [Miami Dolphins players trying to set up workouts].
- Group workout being planned in New Jersey on the weekend of April 29 [Testing the NBA Draft Waters May Never Be the Same].
- A good video clip featuring some experts on the subject [MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Panel on “The Coming War: Sports Labor Relations”].
- Donation earns Falk the David B. Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics [David B. Falk ’72, Rhonda S. Falk ’74 make $15 million gift to Syracuse University].