The 2011 NFL Draft kicks off less than a week from today. In the meantime, be sure to check out the hard work Brandon Thorn has put into his mock draft, big board, and top 5 at each position. This past week, I was published in NYU’s IP and Entertainment Law Ledger. The article is titled, “You May Not ‘Like’ This Title: Everything Stored On Facebook Is Discoverable.” It has nothing to do with sports (for a change), but I hope that you still enjoy reading it. You do not have to be a lawyer for it to be applicable in your life (since everyone and their mothers [literally] use Facebook). I had a great time in Boston last weekend. Thanks to everyone at Suffolk Law for showing me a great time. No major traveling for me until the Sports Lawyers Association Conference in May. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Andy Tracy is 10 years older than the average age of a Triple-A player [Meet America’s Oldest Minor Leaguer].
- The most minor of the Minor Leagues [Players keep their dreams alive in indy leagues].
- Percentage of black players in MLB hasn’t been this low since 2007 [Less than 9 percent of players black].
- Checking in with Stephon Marbury [Welcome to the Far Eastern Conference].
- A break in the ranks would be damaging [Report: Group of players want to intervene into mediation].
- Next stop on the tour. Had fun on a panel with him last week [Josh Luchs at New York Law School!].