I have never focused much on hockey here at Sports Agent Blog (I have left that task to dedicated contributors over the years), but one person I have followed and written about is Mike Danton and his relationship with former agent David Frost. My most recent post about Danton was published on September 15, 2009. It included the following notes about the former hockey player:
- Mike Danton considered his agent, David Frost, as a father figure.
- Danton was placed in jail for hiring a hitman to kill David Frost.
- Frost was charged with 12 counts of sexual exploitation.
- Frost was arrested for using Mike Danton’s credit card to pay a gas bill.
- Frost was told to stay away from the Phoenix Coyotes training camp and Adam Keefe, who’s brother was once represented by Frost.
- Danton’s attorney was charged with unauthorized practice of law.
- Frost was cleared of the sexual exploitation charges.
- Prison officials described Danton as a “model inmate” and “an incredible asset.”
Then Danton was granted full parole and claimed that he never actually hired the hitman to kill Frost, but instead wanted the hired assassin to kill his father. And Frost…he changed his name to Jim McCauley.
ESPN to the rescue. This Tuesday, May 3 (7 p.m. EST) ESPN E:60 will present “The Mike Danton Story.” It will include an interview with David Frost (let’s stick with that name instead of McCauley). This is the first time that Frost has been interviewed by the media about this story in 7 years.