I do not watch much hockey at all, but I did tune in to see Game 7 between the Boston Bruins and the Vancouver Canucks. The aftermath viewed through multiple pictures and videos is disheartening. But it goes to show you just how powerful and meaningful sports and individual franchises can be to the general public. It was tough to watch the Miami Heat go down in 6 games, but I congratulate the Dallas Mavericks on playing at such a high level throughout the series; it is a championship well deserved. The NBA Draft is right around the corner. Make sure to stop by this site next week for some good posts, including a new Interview with the Agent piece, which will be released Monday morning. Here are some stories I missed in the past week:
- This happened earlier this year. Went from Bobby Barad to Melvin Roman [Jaime Garcia Changed Agents].
- Where is it going to come from, how do you decide which athletes are paid, is it just in revenue-producing sports, etc.? [The Problems With Paying College Athletes]
- Players who are hitting triple provide quite a bit of value [Properly Valuing Hit Types].
- The new breed of super agents includes Chubby Chandler [Golf’s biggest players: Who are the super agents running the game?].
- July 1 certainly seems like a key date [Is the UFL the real winner of the NFL lockout?]
- John Phillips calls Rosenhaus a “toybox” and “an ATM Machine” [Drew Rosenhaus- Dissecting the Self Proclaimed “Shark”]
- I wrote about Florida’s attempt to protect itself from this on our sister site, ChangeLegal.com [NFL players prefer pursuing workers’ compensation claims in California].
- Take a look at those legal fees! [Yet another reason to bench the lawyers]