Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (6/24/2011)
A lot of people are calling last night’s NBA Draft a total bore, but I kept myself busy Tweeting away as picks were announced. The result of which is the 2011 NBA Draft Listing of Players Selected and Their Agents. If you are a regular to the site, it is a post you won’t want to pass up reading. I am happy that my Miami Heat ended up with a point guard, but I can’t say that I know all that much about the kid from Cleveland State. I’m thrilled that Austin Walton, who actually started his agent career interning for me, had a client selected by the Los Angeles Lakers. Make sure to check out our recent interview with Austin if you missed it. As always, here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Includes failure to adequately monitor the social media activity of the team [North Carolina Receives NCAA Notice Of Allegations].
- College football players were accepting benefits under the table back in the 1940s [Pay for Pay – How one college athlete received cash or benefits while at USC].
- Supported by the competition committee [Roster sizes could be expanded during training camp].
- Gabe Feldman is back with another “user-friendly” explanation of the issues at hand [The Legal Issues Behind the Looming NBA Lockout].
- About the NBA Draft that has become a game within the game [Fifteen Years of the NBA Draft].
- I am interviewed on a variety of subjects [An Agent’s Take on Lockouts, the NCAA, and Paying Athletes].
- No above-slot signings from the 2011 Draft to date [Ranking the toughest players to sign]