Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (7/1/2011)
NFL Lockout, please meet your new friend, NBA Lockout. The NBA and NFL have expired collective bargaining agreements and no clue as to when they will be striking deals with the respective groups that are representing the players of each league. I hope the NBA and the NBPA are able to come to an agreement…if only to see Omri Casspi don a Cleveland Cavaliers jersey. You know that Israelis are going to stay up all night to watch the Cavs. All kidding aside, I do hope that deals get struck sooner or later, because basketball and football are the two sports that I enjoy watching most on TV. Anyway, here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Certainly a shame, but kudos to those who attended [Roughly 100 rookies don’t show up for rookie symposium].
- Expect agents to fight to prevent punishment of their clients [What conduct is punishable after NFL lockout?].
- Always nice to see an ethical person do well [Teel Time: Agent Austin Walton of Newport News basks in success of clients Wells, Goudelock].
- Arn Tellem knew it was possible [Leslie and Thompkins teammates again].
- I love the idea of expanding BRI, but not sold having sponsors on NBA jerseys [Expanding the pie that is BRI].
- Tryouts for the 2nd The Million Dollar Arm are underway in India [Shoot to fame in 30 seconds].
- Thinking about the mere 11% of drafted players who make it to the Big Show [Freakonomics: When it’s good to quit].
- I know nothing about this company, but nice URL [JRT Pro Sports Management Announces New Website Http://sportsagentfirm.com].