The National Sports & Entertainment Law Society (NSELS) is a low-profit, limited-liability company created by law students that focuses on organizing and centralizing sports and entertainment law societies; providing a resource for both emerging and established sports and entertainment law societies; connecting students who want to pursue a legal career in the industries; and educating members and the general public about developments in sports and entertainment law. Currently, NSELS is collaborating to sponsor academic conferences and social events, provide scholarships to students, and assist law schools in starting up sports and entertainment law societies.
Job Title: National Sports & Entertainment Law Society State Representative
The State Representative will work in collaboration with different state reps across the United States. The purpose of the state representative is to keep a constant flow of communication throughout each region in the United States. The National Sports & Entertainment Law Society is only as strong as the network, so the goal is to create a network of law societies across the United States that will work together to further educate and be a valuable resource for law students and professionals. The State Representative should have fresh ideas, and should keep their designated state informed about future events, networking opportunities, and work to collaborate with other state representatives.
- Attend conference calls on a monthly basis or according to the board’s schedule. (You will be informed a week in advance to respond)
- Collaborate with your given region on symposiums
- Create networking opportunities within your state
- Join one of four committees to serve on while you’re a state representative. This may be designated based on need.(This includes social media, outreach, marketing, conference)
- Create material for publications and newsletters
- Monthly Reports-Details will be given once position is set
Skills & Qualification
- Must have an interest in the field of marketing, law, event planning, business, sports, or entertainment
- Must have a good work ethic, and good time management skills.
- Solid knowledge in MS Office Suite Tools (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc..) and experience in Social Media platforms.
- The ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills- this will be crucial working since we will all work from different regions.
- Experience in the sports or entertainment sector or in law.
- Resourceful and strong research skills
- Be able to work independently and as a team.
- Highly organized: Flexible in meeting times( i.e Conference calls etc…)
Contact: Jon@nationalsels.org if you’re interested.