I am not one for making predictions, but I have heard a lot of people guess that today would be a very important day in NFL Collective Bargaining negotiations for months. In fact, many believe that at some point today, a new deal could be reached, effectively ending the NFL Lockout. Sticking with the NFL, this job opening for Assistant Counsel, Intellectual Property looks fantastic. Big time congratulations go out to my client Jason Belmonte for winning the Best Bowler ESPY. Congrats to all other winners and their agents, as well. Last, I want to send my support out to Bruce Feldman, who used to write about college football for ESPN. Make sure to join the #FreeBruce movement on Twitter and/or ReTweet this. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Based on Paul Kinzer failing to submit a no-trade list to the Mets [Did Francisco Rodriguez’s old agent really mess up? Or is this just classic Scott Boras?].
- Not surprisingly, Scott Boras came in at the #1 spot [Which Agencies Have The Most All-Stars?].
- Former basketball agent Jason Levien is part of the ownership group [Deal to sell 76ers to Joshua Harris-led group done].
- According to Lance Young of Octagon, the biggest money is in China [China, not Europe, may be better option for NBA players].
- Organized for the 10th year by Arn Tellem [Pistons rookies Brandon Knight, Kyle Singler to take part in Play for Peace Program].
- A Turkish basketball journalist can’t remember a single season in past 3-4 years that Besiktas paid players’ wages on time [Deron Williams’ Turkish team has checkered past].
- Chubby Chandler has very high expectations for his client [Rory McIlroy on course to become richest British sportsman says agent].