The NFL is back in business, college football season is quickly approaching (Go Gators!), and the NBA looks like it is going to go through a much more painful process than the NFL just experienced. I start teaching a brand new class called Sport Agency Management at Indiana University Bloomington near the end of the month. The beauty is that I do not have to move to Bloomington, Indiana to teach it – the beauty of technology (specifically webcams and sophisticated learning software). Sports Agent Blog has been becoming more and more popular every month. If you have any ideas as to how we can make it better, please let us know. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Her #1 rule = Keep the agents and their employees away from your child. Insist on dealing with them directly and exclusively [Ringer’s mom: Make agent work for you].
- But don’t expect to be able to apply to become an NFLPA certified contract advisor until Jan. 2012 [NFLPA a Union Again].
- He did quite a job of keeping his mouth shut [The Unsung Hero In The Nnamdi Asomugha Acquisition: Ben Dogra].
- Adrian Clayborn’s contract may have slowed down 1st round rookie signings a bit [Rookie Revenge: full guarantees].
- For relocation specialist Chris Dingman, business is booming [A busy time of year].
- But why limit Chinese teams to 1 active NBA player, as well? [CBA won’t allow active NBA players to sign out-clauses?]
- Big strategic move to file first and to do it in New York [NBA files lawsuit; Stern goes after union attorney].
- Everything you could ever want to know about golf agent Chubby Chandler [The Chubby Slam in Atlanta?].