National Sports Law Negotiation Competition
The National Sports Law Negotiation Competition will bring 20 law schools and 40 competitors from around the United States to Thomas Jefferson School of Law in San Diego, CA from September 23-25, 2011. The event will include the competition itself along with a Sports Law Symposium (the 10th of its kind). For information on the Negotiation Competition, please head over to the 2011 National Sports Law Negotiation Competition website.
The symposium will contain two panels. The first panel will be addressing negotiations, while the second panel will discuss “NCAA Compliance.” Lunch is included with the price of admission to the Symposium. Over 100 guests are expected to be in attendance. The symposium begins at 12:30 p.m. and the first panel concludes at 2:00 p.m. The second (NCAA) panel runs from 2:15 p.m. – 3:30/3:45 p.m.
The following speakers/moderator are confirmed for the symposium:
- Brian Hannula, Esq.: Sports agent with the Alliance Sports Group
- Craig Fenech, Esq.: Law Offices of Craig E. Fenech
- Vered N. Yakovee, Esq., Law Offices of Vered N. Yakovee, Editor-in-Chief, Entertainment & Sports Lawyer, Lecturer in Law, Sports Law, USC Gould School of Law
- Carla Varriale, Esq.: Partner, HRRV
- Rod Smith, Esq.: Thomas Jefferson School of Law Director Center of Sports Law & Policy
- Brian Adkins, Esq.: Sports agent
- Earl Edwards: UCSD Athletic Director
- Jeff Levine: Adjunct Professor of Law at Phoenix School of Law
- Moderator: Randy Grossman, Esq.: Grossman Sports Enterprises