I am on my way up to Gainesville, Florida to return to my alma mater (undergrad and law school) and watch the Gators take on the Alabama Crimson Tide. I can’t wait to see a lot of friends and watch some good football under the lights at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium (8 p.m. kickoff). I will return on Sunday and then it’s off to the new office on Monday. The new law firm is called Wolfe Law Miami. It will be myself and Richard Wolfe, a very experienced entertainment law attorney. Our office space is in Brickell (right next to downtown Miami, Florida) in the penthouse of a beautiful building. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- David Falk: “I would bet a lot of money that if we miss one or two games, we’re going to miss the whole season.” [Sports agent Falk says entire NBA season is in jeopardy]
- The ultra-punitive measures alternative [NBA owners budge on hard cap demand].
- Tyreke Evans is being counseled by Arn Tellem and “Team Tyreke” [Don’t Curb Your Enthusiasm].
- Claiming that NFLPA not properly representing his rights [Bengals RB Benson fights back in wake of league suspension].
- Who knew that Greg Camarillo is Jewish? [HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE NFL’S “JEW CREW”]
- I strongly support the creation of more professional sports counseling panels [Supporting Student-Athletes in Their Transition to the Pros: A Financial Argument].