Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (10/7/2011)
Wow…what a week. I officially moved into my new office (send love letters to 175 SW 7th Street, Penthouse Suite 2410, Miami, Florida 33131), and have been busy setting it up while working on behalf of some new, amazing clients. I have expanded my practice to include quite a few major entertainment figures and was determined not to let my move get in the way of my work. Anyway, things are finally settling down on that front, but will become hectic again next week as I move my residence from downtown Fort Lauderdale to downtown Miami (specifically, Ten Museum Park). And I also get to look forward to Yom Kippur this weekend. Sarcasm aside, I am looking forward to representing a new client – Playboy Playmate Miss October 2011, Amanda Cerny. Here are some stories I failed to cover over the past week:
- But the MLB seems to be doing a better job catching it as of late [Fraud still rampant among Dominican baseball prospects].
- I like the wording: 10-percent “claw back” [Agents issue warning letter to clients].
- That’s what happens when your cousin is probably the most powerful agent in the sport [Tellem’s cousin recused from NLRB case].
- Absolutely no love for agents…especially Dan Fegan [Not buying what NBA agents are selling in lockout fight].
- Chauncey Billups and Rip Hamilton not happy with their agents’ position? [Sources: Agents talked Wednesday]
- Said that Hillis was sick, but also wants more money [Agent For Peyton Hillis Tells AP That He Advised Him To Sit Out Dolphins Game].
- Next Question? [60 Minutes profiles Rosenhaus on Sunday night]
- Yes, cricket. Agent Mazhar Majeed was involved [Pakistan trio accused of fixing cricket match against England reveal ‘rampant corruption at the heart of international cricket’].