I am honored to be named to SportsPro Media’s inaugural 10 NEXT class, which recognizes “ten stars of the sports business industry under the age of 30 that have achieved a level of success that is truly rare at such a young age.” How about those St. Louis Cardinals? I am having a good time watching them, as I followed many of the current players while they made their way through the Minors. I remember thinking to myself only a couple of years ago that Allen Craig’s bat was just too good to keep out of Major League Baseball. But it looks like the Texas Rangers have officially made this a series as they head back to Arlington, Texas. There is lots of talk about this weeks Dolphins game, but mostly because Tim Tebow is the starting quarterback for the competing team. Reminder – If you are not yet following me on Twitter, go give it a try. I swear that I can be interesting at times. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Al Irby calls the Jaguars a “sorry organization” [Agent accuses Jaguars of shirking bill by cutting David Garrard].
- An NFL agent provides the harsh reality of just how difficult and expensive it is to compete in his sport [“So You Wanna Be a Sports Agent…”].
- In part 2, Greg Linton answers some reader questions [SO YOU WANT TO BE AN AGENT?].
- Strong sign that the end of the UFL is near? [UFL exec sues for more than $100,000 in unpaid wages]
- MLB’s current collective bargaining agreement expires in less than 2 months [Draft, realignment among labor issues].
- I’m looking forward to seeing what kind of role Jason Levien takes with the organization [LEVIEN BRINGS HOOPS BACKGROUND TO SIXERS’ OWNERS].
- After reading this, you may want to become a coach agent [College sports teams are big business, and some coaches are cashing in].
- Cusack will play a sports agent who recruits a soccer star [John Cusack, Johnny Knoxville to Star in Comedy ‘Carnaval’ (Exclusive)].