Shabbat Shalom! In a few days, I will be saying shalom with more regularity, as I will be traveling in Israel. But first, I will be in Barcelona for a couple of days. I leave later today for the trip, which will keep me out of the United States until December 25. This is my first time going to Barcelona and my third time venturing to Israel. I doubt I have much access to internet and I have not yet tested out the WordPress app on my iPad 2, so I am not sure whether I will be posting at all between today and Christmas Day. If you do not hear from me ahead of time, I hope all of you have extremely Happy Holidays. And let’s go Heat! Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Looking more and more like a private cartel [97 schools sign petition against stipend].
- He has created the “Congressional Collegiate Sports Caucus” [Rep. Joe Barton, noted BCS hater, ups his push for a college football playoff].
- 1.2% of NCAA basketball players make it to the pros [Estimated Probability of Competing in Athletics Beyond the High School Interscholastic Level].
- On Twitter, Facebook, blogging, etc. [Embrace Your Brand].
- I assume the potential lawsuit will vanish now that Paul is a Clipper [Hornets guard Chris Paul may take NBA to court over rejected trades].
- I feel like I say this a lot, but Professor Gabe Feldman killed it on this one [The Misadventures of David Stern].
- Boras Corp. rejected my request for a copy, but I’m not bitter about it.. [“The Book” on Prince Fielder].
- Includes a summary of the primary issues that will be considered [MLB, MLBPA To Talk International Acquisitions].
One reply on “Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (12/16/2011)”
Have a good time big guy!