Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (12/30/2011)
I am back from Barcelona and Israel! It was a fantastic trip full of sightseeing, eating unbelievable food, and relaxing with my girlfriend and her family overseas. However, I must admit that it is nice to be back around my friends and family. You know you are doing what you love when you do not mind getting back to work. My Miami Heat are off to a great 3-0 start! I will be attending the home game on Monday against the Atlanta Hawks. Sports Agent Blog will be turning 6 years old tomorrow. A site that began on December 31, 2005 as a New Years Resolution to “force myself” to stay on top of the happenings in the sports agent industry has become quite the successful venture. Thanks to each and every one of you reading this post and thousands of other posts that have been written over the many years. Your continued support will keep a smile on my face. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- If he wins the bidding war, he could take Arn Tellem out of the agent biz [Hedge-fund executive Steven Cohen is bidding for the Dodgers].
- Scott Boras is making his pitch for 39-year-old Jason Varitek [Red Sox can often be late risers in roster moves].
- Peter Schaffer’s new firm [JR Announces Official Deal with Authentic Athletix].
- Leigh Steinberg reportedly owes a lot of money to various entities [Real-Life ‘Jerry Maguire’ Facing Jail Over Debts?].
- Maybe Steinberg doesn’t think the general public should be concerned with his issue, but it is certainly a noteworthy subject for this site’s readers [Legendary Agent Leigh Steinberg Responds To Unpaid Debt Charges].
- Hard to believe that Jason Babin only has $5.5 million guaranteed on his 5-year contract [Making a list: best and worst of 2011 contracts].
- More than a dozen lawsuits have been filed since July 2011 [For N.F.L., Concussion Suits May Be Test for Sport Itself].
- Arn Tellem and Dan Fegan listed in the “supporting cast” [What Really Happened In The Chris Paul Fiasco].