Leigh Steinberg, a main influence for the character “Jerry Maguire,” recently filed for bankruptcy protection. The video, above, is Steinberg’s first video interview since filing for bankruptcy protection. How ’bout the Miami Heat? It was a thrill to see them destroy the Los Angeles Lakers last night without the help of Dwyane Wade. The big news this past week was Wasserman Media Group forming its football division, hiring Andrew Luck’s uncle, and then signing Andrew Luck as its first football client. We are in baseball arbitration season, and I will be following all the negotiations between the teams and players who have exchanged numbers leading up to their scheduled hearings. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- The White Sox were the only team to not have a single player file for salary arbitration [Details For the 142 Players That Filed for Salary Arbitration in MLB for 2012].
- It is certainly fun to watch as these players settle prior to scheduled arbitration hearings [Arbitration Filing Numbers].
- Sad to see what has happened to the Puerto Rican Baseball League [Puerto Rico Traces Baseball’s Slide to the Draft].
- Who is going to be next? [Fausto Carmona arrested in Dominican Republic for using false identity]
- Priority free agents may be better off without 3 more rounds…can choose the team they go to [Three more rounds please!].
- Seems to be a very tough client [Former agents surprised all-star Khalif Mitchell re-signs with Lions].
- A former subject on this site, and ranked pretty high on this list [Sports Marketing with Evan Morgenstein of PMG Sports].