What: University of Oregon School of Law Sports and Entertainment Law Forum – The Changing Face of Athletics and Entertainment in the Northwest
When: Friday January, 27 2012
Where: White Stag Building, Portland, Oregon (map)
8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.: Registration
9:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.: Panel Presented by Schwabe, Williamson, & Wyatt: Entertainment in the Northwest
- Javier Zamora, Assistant General Counsel in the Legal Department at NIKE, Inc.
- Bart Day, partner at the Portland law firm of Day and Koch LLP
- Matthew Hooper, Chair of the Arts & Entertainment Group at Foster Pepper.
- Moderator: Mike Cohen, Shareholder at Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt in Portland.
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Women in Sports and Entertainment
- Peg Brand, Ph. D., Courtesy Associate Professor with the University of Oregon School of Law and the Robert D. Clark Honors College and an Associate Professor of Philosophy and Women’s Studies at Indiana University.
- Ellen Devlin, Adjunct Professor of Sports Products at the Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon.
- Eryn Potempa, attorney in the Sports Marketing group at NIKE, Inc.
- Lynne Graybeal, Partner at Perkins Coie in Seattle and serves as Co-Chair of their Arts, Entertainment & Sports Industry Group.
- Moderator: Whitney Wagoner, Senior Instructor of Sports Business/Industry Analyst for the University of Oregon’s Warsaw Sports Marketing Center.
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Lunch
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m: The Changing Face of the NCAA
- Woodie Dixon, General Counsel and Vice President of Business Affairs for the Pacific-12 Conference.
- Maureen Weston, Associate Dean for Research and a Professor of Law at Pepperdine University School of Law.
- John Shukie, Director of Academic and Membership Affairs (AMA) at the NCAA in Indianapolis.
- Jerry Parkinson, Professor of Law at the University of Wyoming College of Law since 1998 and served as Dean from 1998 to 2009.
- Moderator: Benjamin Golliver, Northwest sports journalist.
3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.: The Rise of the Agent
- Richard Karcher, Professor of Law and the Director of the Center for Law and Sports at Florida Coastal School of Law.
- Audie Attar, President of Paradigm Sports Management, LLC.
- Eugene T. Lee, Esq., President of ETL Associates, Inc.
- Moderator: Mark Phelps, Tykeson Senior Instructor of International and Sports Business Law and Ethics in the University of Oregon’s Lundquist College of Business and its Warsaw Sports Marketing Center.
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Reception
Cost: $90.00 [for practitioners]; $35.00 [for the general public] and $25.00 [for students] (Registration includes: attendance to all panels, lunch, and reception). Day of registration at the door is: $100.00 [for practitioner], $40.00 [for the general public] and $30.00 [for students]. Register here.