Football-heavy Friday Wrap-Up this week. Chicago was a lot of fun last weekend. I will be heading out to Las Vegas this coming Wednesday evening and will be out there for roughly five nights. The trip has a mixed purpose; both business and pleasure. The press recently seems quite preoccupied with the New Orleans Saints “bountygate” matter and pondering where Peyton Manning will play in 2012. As a Miami Dolphins fan, I certainly would not vote against splurging on signing the prolific veteran. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Victor Cruz is looking for a new agent [Cruz Walks Line Between Star and Shill].
- Former VP of Marketing for the NFL [Who Is Mike Ornstein And Why Is He Important In Saints Bounty Program Investigation?].
- From backup to diva [Willis McGahee asked for more money from Broncos].
- Going from a Gainesville, Florida high school to life as an agent in California [Hawthorne football coach resigns].
- Referring to Kennard McGuire [Cribbs says Hillis’ agent started CIA rumors].
- An interview with a young certified NFLPA Contract Advisor [Mr. Floyd Morris: from law factory (a.k.a. law school) to Factory Agency].
- DeMaurice Smith thinks student-athletes need someone to advocate for them [A Union Stands Up for Players].
- A good look at baseball’s most powerful agent [Is Scott Boras Really That Bad?].