Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (3/16/2012)
Viva March Madness in Las Vegas! My home is Caesars Palace until Monday, when I will be returning to the normalcy of South Florida. Next weekend, I will be in Boston to speak at the Harvard Law School Spring 2012 Sports Law Symposium. I am not looking forward to the colder temperatures, but I can’t wait to see a lot of old faces and meet some people that I have been conversing with over the internet for years. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Montgomery first met Lin in person at the Portsmouth Invitational in Virginia [After Backing a Dark Horse, Lin’s Agent Is Riding High].
- And already announcing Dave Rice, Justin Hutson, Ed DeChellis, Russell Turner, and Dave Pilipovich as clients [Kauffman Sports Management Group Proudly Announces New College Coaching Division].
- Scott Boras will be a regular contributor [MSG Fuels Fire For Some Great Baseball Debate with New Episodes of The Lineup].
- Arn Tellem’s days as an agent may be numbered [Dodgers Sale: Magic Johnson, Steve Cohen Ownership Groups Reportedly Favorites].
- Tough sanctions, but certainly could have been worse [North Carolina Sanctions, Agentgate, and the Social Media Impact].
- The bill would attempt to regulate Runners [Maryland bill would limit contact agents’ aides can have with amateurs].
- Congrats to everyone named [Forty Under 40 table of contents].