Finally a weekend where I get to relax at my home base (Miami, Florida). Please do not take that as me complaining, though, since I absolutely love traveling the country to speak to individuals who are passionate about Sports Law. I have to give love to former Duke basketball player Jon Scheyer making Aliyah. Always happy to see the Miami Heat hand the Dallas Mavericks a crushing defeat. I just finished final edits on a paper titled, Football v. Football: A Comparison of Agent Regulation in France’s Ligue 1 and the National Football League. The article will be published in the Pace I.P. Sports, Entertainment Law Forum in the near future. Here are some stories I failed to cover over the past week:
- I have lots of questions regarding this idea [Major League Baseball launching a “prospect league” for unsigned Dominican players].
- Includes Major League Baseball agent Jeff Borris? [High Stakes Hold’Em TV show to begin filming at local casino]
- Nice remarks from a guy who fired Luchey a year ago [Former Flint man, sports agent Chris Grier Luchey, was behind Wilson Chandler’s long-term Denver Nuggets deal].
- 310 is a lot of pounds [Sidney signs with agent, leaves MSU; Moultrie delays decision].
- Remains to be seen whether this alters number and influence of runners [NFLPA eliminates junior rule].
- 15 players under contract at 29-years-old [Drew Smith, living the dream as an agent for NFL players].
- I’m surprised this is real [University of Miami Football Team Advertising For “Any Student That Is At Least 6’1 And 230+ Pounds”].
- It will mostly be on international law (for sports) [St. John’s launches LL.M. programs in international sports, transactional law].