I was lucky to have the opportunity to experience Opening Day of the new Marlins Park. While the Marlins offense was nowhere to be found, the new stadium certainly exceeded all expectations. And I can’t complain with getting home just in time to see the Miami Heat seal the deal against Oklahoma City. I always rep my city hard, but these days there truly is a lot to be proud of. On another note, I feel extremely honored to be named to Sports Launch Magazine’s inaugural Thirty Under 30 award list. Congratulations to everybody else (including many friends) who were also honored with the award. Happy Easter & Passover to all! Here are some stories I failed to cover over the past week:
- A non-traditional team that includes CAA and WME [Hollywood Agencies Fight Over Tim Tebow].
- Was represented by H Koal of RBSH Enterprises [Aaron Rodgers parts ways with his marketing agent].
- Florio takes a shot at Cook [Bus Cook “in shock” about Claiborne test score].
- Susan Karon’s son, Adam, is a baseball agent with Sosnick Cobbe Sports [Supergrandma Susan Karon headed to national masters weight-lifting championships].
- At least Scott Boras has no interest in owning a team [Agents owning teams is ethical dilemma].
- Good timing; Greinke is on the last year of his current deal [Casey Close To Represent Zack Greinke].
- Read the first paragraph and you’re hooked [Emancipation of the Minors].
- I have a lot of respect for Molly [Molly Fletcher gives athletes a voice].