Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-Up (4/20/2012)
I am told that today is a holiday to celebrate and consume weed. I will be spending my time in a deposition, instead. If you have some free time on your hands, check out new legal scholarship that I just had published in the Pace I.P. Sports & Entertainment Law Forum titled, Football v. Football: A Comparison of Agent Regulation in France’s Ligue 1 and the National Football League. I am getting very excited for the NBA Playoffs and look forward to rooting very hard for my hometown Miami Heat. Here are some stories I missed over the past week:
- Arn Tellem’s name being thrown around again [San Diego Padres Ownership Groups Emerge].
- I’d say it’s worth quite a bit [How Much Is Super Two Status Worth?].
- Stacy Jenson has represented many well-known Green Bay Packers players [FBI investigating sports agent].
- B.J. Armstrong will bring him back to the west coast soon enough [Syracuse’s Fab Melo is working out at IMG Academy in Florida].
- This list is a great resource for agent signings leading up to the Draft [Agent / Agency list by Client].
- Company will build out LeBron’s website and boost social media engagement [SapientNitro Signs LeBron James as Client].
- An interesting libel lawsuit has come to a close [Sheridan v. Vecsey has been settled out of court].
- Item #9 – Priority Sports & Entertainment’s recent symposium [Don’t trade up — unless it’s for Richardson].