If you are following the NFL Draft, you also want to follow this list of players selected (along with their agents), which will be updated as the Draft moves along. I cannot complain with the Miami Dolphins’ pick of Ryan Tannehill. His wife is thrilled as well. Tough loss in 2OT for my hometown Florida Panthers last night, but I am really looking forward to the NBA Playoffs and hoping that the Miami Heat can make it through the tough Eastern Conference. I will be speaking at the American Bar Association Forum On The Entertainment And Sports Industries next week. If you are in South Florida, I would love to see you there. Here are some stories I missed over the past week.
- Appear to be trying to close luxury tax loopholes [MLB, union revise contract terms].
- University of South Dakota senior guard Charlie Westbrook has signed with agent Michael Whitaker [Westbrook continuing NBA charge].
- Forty years ago, Ralph Cindrich was a 5th round pick of the Atlanta Falcons [Pitt Pre-NFL Draft Notes and Anecdotes].
- Peter J. Huthwaite, a former sports agent and founder of Sports Stars International, came up with the idea for the league [Stars Football League coming to Southwest Florida].
- Stanford offensive tackle Jonathan Martin the perfect fit for Priority Sports’ Kenny Zuckerman [Zuckerman first in line for Martin].
- Very informative and easy to digest [The Structure of NFL Rookie Contracts].
- Description provided by Blake Baratz of the Institute for Athletes [NFL agent describes immediate chaos for players who go undrafted].
- Judge rules that sports agent tried to rip off Lionel Messi’s mother [Messi’s mother wins image rights case].