What: Second Annual Sports Law Seminar for Rookies and Veterans
When: Thursday, June 14, 2012 (9 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.)
Where: Minneapolis Club in Minnesota
The law firm Hinshaw & Culbertson, in cooperation with the Brewer Sports Symposium, will hold its second annual Sports Law Seminar for Rookies and Veterans. The event will bring together business leaders and sports industry professionals across franchises for an informative seminar that examines and analyzes current issues affecting the sports industry today.
Confirmed speakers and panelists include the Honorable David S. Doty (Senior U.S. District Judge, District of Minnesota, has presided over more sports law matters than any other judge in history); agents Drew Rosenhaus and Jason Rosenhaus; Tom Lynn (former Minnesota Wild Assistant GM and current hockey agent); Karl Speak (Brand Expert and NFL Consultant); Kevin Warren (Minnesota Vikings General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer); Ted Johnson (Minnesota Timberwolves Chief Marketing Officer); Ross Bernstein (best-selling sports author); and many more. I may be heading up there to moderate “The Sports Agent’s Role in Sports” panel.
The key issues facing the sports industry that will be addressed through panel sessions include:
- Women in Sports: Title IX and Beyond
- The View from the Front Office
- Amateur Sports: Sacred Cow or Yeti?
- Health, Disability and the Law: The Finger Points at Who!
- The Past, Present and Future of Pro Sports
- Sports, the Law & the Media
- Professional Sports Contracts and Negotiations
- The Sports Agent’s Role in Sports