Yesterday was my half-birthday. Don’t laugh – I actually used to celebrate my half birthday growing up (just another excuse to party…or shove chocolate cake in my face). This looks like a good cause: Help Support the Netanya Foundation’s Hoops for Kids Program. One thing I always love about the Olympics is the great morale it instills in Americans. Our performances have been nothing shy of superb. Congratulations to all Olympic athletes, not just those competing for the United States. What do you think about the two American-born athletes competing for Israel? This week on Forbes.com, I wrote: 1) Speculation Over An NFL Settlement Offer To Jonathan Vilma Underscores Importance Of Bounty Litigation; and 2) Constitutionality Of Sports Betting Prohibition At Issue In NCAA And Professional Leagues’ Lawsuit Against New Jersey. Here are some stories I failed to write about in the past week:
- I really like the descriptions of this agent’s phones [WL Insider: Our Man in London].
- Much like Phelps, I would like to play a ton of golf [Michael Phelps more valuable in retirement].
- This agent is either really dedicated to his work or a terrible boyfriend [Usain Bolt ‘is like my brother’ says Irish agent].
- Kanye West-like persona? That may be a stretch [Ryan Lochte Fielding Multiple Reality Show Offers, Says Agent (Exclusive)].
- How many players have agents who are also their martial arts instructor? [Rod Streater owes a lot to agent D.S. Ping]
- His financial planner will be happy with the structure [Breaking down Justin Blackmon’s deal].
- Great to see Bridge writing at Bleacher Report. Solid work on this one [How Lardarius Webb Got $50 Million: An Agent’s Guide to NFL Contract Negotiation].
- Coaches still think he’s a factor [Critical Coaches: How much of a factor is ‘World Wide’ Wes in recruiting?].