My second year as a professor of Sport Agency Management at Indiana University officially began this past Tuesday. I did not make the same mistake that I did last Fall of scheduling class for Monday nights (there’s some sort of program my students are interested in called “Monday Night Football”). College football approaches, as does the NFL regular season. I am more excited to see how my Florida Gators fare than the Miami Dolphins, but I do hope that my favorite professional team is able to surprise the world. This past week I published two articles on Forbes.com: 1) Why Tyrann Mathieu Getting Kicked Off The LSU Football Team Will Benefit Him In The Long Run; and 2) Public Discussion Of Maurice Jones-Drew Holdout Will Not Affect His Brand. Here are some stories I failed to cover in the past week:
- Professor Marc Edelman with another gem (in progress) [Fixing Sports Agent Law: Preliminary Thoughts, and My New Article].
- More states should jump on the bandwagon [Social Media Privacy For College Athletes? California Senate Says Yes].
- Leigh Steinberg won’t respond to my comments [How To Be A Great Sports Agent, Part 2].
- Fred Taylor thanked Tank Black…seriously [Ex-NFL running back Fred Taylor forgives former agent who defrauded him of millions].
- This is a few blocks from my office [Sign at Vilma's restaurant says not to serve Goodell].
- The guy is a consultant for Melky Cabrera’s agents at ACES Inc. [Cabrera associate banned from all clubhouses].
- Don’t let that “football” word confuse you. This is a soccer article [When is a Football Agent not a Football Agent?].
- Making unauthorized withdrawals is certainly a no-no [Minnesota Wild star Dany Heatley sues ex-agent, others for $11-million].