I am in Tempe, Arizona this weekend to speak at Arizona State’s 3rd Annual Conference On Sports & Entertainment Law. So many Jews (myself included) love Tim Tebow. Cannot wait until the start of the NBA regular season. I will be back in Miami for Tuesday’s game against the Boston Celtics. A few stories this week on Forbes.com: (1) Notre Dame Football’s Resurgence Ranks School Atop Rivals In Merchandise Sales; (2) Social Sports “Fan Card” Service Snags Tim Lincecum, Brett Favre And Over 1,200 Other Athletes; and (3) David Stern Retiring After 30 Successful Years As NBA Commissioner. Here are some links that recently caught my attention:
- Perhaps Tagliabue’s experience as an attorney changes the dynamics of the hearings [Roger Goodell recuses himself from bounty case, but will anything change?].
- The tough task of being a mediator between egos [An Agent’s Take on the NFL Trade Deadline].
- The popular college football all star game is back [2013 Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Game Promo].
- College football coach agency signs up for a worthy service [CBTN Partners with Balch & Bingham].
- From undrafted to bookoo bucks [Contract Prediction: Victor Cruz].
- Recently hired the tag-team of Don Nomura and Arn Tellem [International Free Agent Profile: Kyuji Fujikawa, Relief Pitcher].
- Gary Sheffield as baseball agent and father [THE SECOND LIFE OF SHEFF].
- Could be up to a 10-year, $250 million deal [Speculation McIlroy will sign huge Nike deal].