Baseball Career Conference at the Baseball Winter Meetings
What: Baseball Career Conference hosted by Sports Management Worldwide
When: December 2-3, 2012
Where: Radisson Hotel at Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee
The goal of the Baseball Career Conference is to provide members of the sports industry an opportunity to work with and learn from leading industry experts regarding the representation of athletes and the challenges of operating professional teams, leagues, facilities and media outlets. Anyone 16-years-old or older working on the business side of baseball or wanting to work in baseball is welcome to attend.
Tentative List of Speakers
- Stan Kasten, former President of the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals and the current president, and part-owner, of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Pat Gillick – former GM of four Major League Baseball teams including Toronto Blue Jays (1978–1994), Baltimore Orioles (1996–1998), Seattle Mariners (2000–2003), Philadelphia Phillies (2006–2008) Guided two teams to three World Series championships in his career: 1992 and 1993 titles with the Toronto Blue Jays, and a 2008 title with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Cory Schwartz, Vice President, Stats, MLB Advanced Media
- Jayson Stark, ESPN Senior Baseball Writer
- Rob Neyer, SB Nation National Baseball Editor and well known author
- Jay Miller, Texas Rangers Senior Vice President
- Mike Birling, Durham Bulls GM
- Harold Reynolds – MLB Network Studio Analyst (Invited)
- Will Carroll, Contributer, SI.com
- Don Welke – Texas Rangers Senior Special Assistant to the GM & Scouting
- Toney Howell, LA Dodgers, Special Assistant to the General Manager
- Larry D’Amato, former scout for Houston Astros, Texas Rangers, NY Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates, and Cincinnati Reds
- Maury Brown, Biz of Baseball & SMWW Faculty
- Tony Ciccolella, MLBPA Agent
- Jeff Gray – Minnesota Twins Pitcher
- Tracy Ringolsby – Baseball America and FoxSports.com. Hall of Fame baseball writer in his 37th year covering MLB is a co-founder of Baseball America, and is in his fourth year as analyst for Colorado Rockies games on Root Sports.
- Dr. Lynn Lashbrook, SMWW President
- Ryan Latham, Seattle Mariners Account Executive & SMWW Alumni
- Michael Lawlor, Boston Red Sox Fan Services
- Mark Smith, Oakland A’s Minor League Video Coordinator & SMWW Alumni
Cost: General Admission ($225 before October 31; $250 after); College Students, SMWW Alumni & Faculty ($135 before October 31; $150 after); and Team and Agency Employees ($125 before October 31; $150 after). Click here for more information and to register for the event.