Today was a very active day for announcing college football recruit signings made by NFLPA certified Contract Advisors.
- Knoxville, Tennessee-based radio host, Jimmy Hyams, tweeted that Don Yee, known by many for his representation of New England Patriots QB Tom Brady, signed Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray. Yee had no clients selected in the 2012 NFL Draft. Bray is currently rated as the 7th best quarterback available by NFLDraftScout.com and a projected 2nd round pick.
- Eugene Parker of Relativity Sports (read more on the new-ish agency here) picked up a new client in Florida State defensive end Everette Dawkins. Parker represented 3 players in the 2012 NFL Draft, the highest selection being WR Alshon Jeffery from South Carolina (#45 overall to the Chicago Bears).
- Octagon Football agent CJ LaBoy announced the signing of Georgia cornerback Sanders Commings, who is currently ranked at #19 overall amongst all available cornerbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft by NFLDraftScout.com. LaBoy represented last year’s #80 overall pick, Jamell Fleming from Oklahoma, who was selected by the Arizona Cardinals.
- South Carolina free safety D.J. Swearinger signed with Five-Star Athlete Management. The signing shows how dominant the company (with Contract Advisors Todd France and Bryan Ayrault) has been recruiting the Carolinas this year. As was previously reported, Five-Star has already signed 3 UNC-Chapel Hill players: offensive guard Jonathan Cooper, offensive tackle Brennan Williams and defensive tackle Sylvester Williams.
- Boutique agency Symmetry Reps (Mook Williams and Brian McLaughlin) have signed Rutgers linebacker Steve Beauharnais. The linebacker has an NFL Combine invite and is ranked by NFLDraftScout.com as the 13th best player at his position for the upcoming draft.
- Lagardère Unlimited signed West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin. The company had success last year in the representation of another West Virginia athlete, Bruce Irvin, who was selected #15 overall by the Seattle Seahawks.