Newly minted NFLPA Contract Advisor Stephen Persia is no novice straight out of law school. Persia has been practicing law with the firm of Roetzel & Andress in their Cleveland, Ohio office and graduated from the University of Toledo College of Law in 2004. He also teaches Business Law and Ethics in the Workplace at the University of Akron.
The following is Persia’s first draft class since becoming licensed by the NFLPA:
1. John Rabe, TE/H-Back, University of Minnesota. Two-year starter, 4 TD’s this year. Versatile player.
2. Elliott Mealer, OL, University of Michigan. Elliott played in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl All-Star game.
3. Luke Batton, LB, Kent State. Two-time All-MAC, 100+ tackles twice.
4. Steven Schott K, Ball State. 1st Team All-MAC & Groza semi-finalist
5. Brian Spencer, CB, Newberry College.
6. Matt Mattox, OL, Mount Union. 1st team All-American at LG.