This week’s Friday wrap-up is coming to you from the very cold Chicago, Illinois, where I am speaking on potential helmet manufacturer liability in the pending NFL concussion cases at DePaul University College of Law. Playboy is launching a Hebrew language edition…oy vey? This week on Forbes: (1) BMX Gets Some Energy With New Monster Army Recon Tour; (2) Mike Trout’s $510,000 Salary Is Unfair According To His Agent; (3) The NFL And The Booming Business Of Concussions; and (4) Seventy-Eight Football Players File Lawsuit Against United Football League. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Really loving this feature by MLBTradeRumors.com [Why I Chose My Agency: David Wright].
- And here’s another one [Why I Chose My Agency: Jeremy Affeldt].
- So this writer really despises Boras.. [Scott Boras is Destroying MLB and the New York Yankees’ Chances of Signing Robinson Cano].
- Scott Boras in at #3, above Michael Weiner? [Ranking the 10 most powerful people in baseball].
- That’s what happens when your client signs a six-year, $120.6 million deal [Joe Flacco’s record contract puts agent Joe Linta in spotlight].
- Excellent piece on Roger Goodell [His Game, His Rules].
- $52 million in guarantees [A comprehensive look at Joe Flacco’s contract].
- This needs to get in the hands of top student-athletes [An Open Letter to College Athletes].