Introducing: Inaugural Cardozo Sports Law Symposium
What: Cardozo Sports Law Symposium presented by the Cardozo Intellectual Property Law Society in conjunction with SELSA.
When: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 (6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.)
Where: Room 204 at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 55 5th Ave , New York, NY 10003
6 P.M. Panel 1: Sports and Social Media
As social media becomes more prevalent in our lives, unique legal issues are being created daily. The intense spotlight placed on college and professional athletes exacerbates these problems. We will explore current and future issues that relate to this ever-evolving medium.
7 P.M. Panel 2: New Stadium Construction & Relocation
Professional sports stadiums are rarely, if ever, privately funded nowadays – oftentimes leading to teams and local officials butting heads over the legal and financial ramifications of such plans. Learn more about the details behind these deals and the prospect of increasing expenses that cities must incur to retain their professional franchises.
8 P.M. Panel 3: Careers in Sports
The Careers in Sports panel will introduce students to the wide world of law related activities in the sports field. Hear from people who work in all aspects of sports law and on all sides including in-house counsel, management, league and player representation.
- Steve Silton, Partner at Hinshaw & Culbertson
- David Gardi, Counsel at NFL
- Lawrence Ferazani, Counsel at NFL
- Jessica Berman, Senior Counsel at NHL
- Jack Brewer, CEO of Brewer Sports
- Michael Goldberg, Executive Director of the NBA Coaches Association
- Andrew Kipper, Professional Golf Agent at Excel Sports Management)
- Adam Paget, General Counsel at MRY (Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, ’97)
- Ayala Deutsch, Counsel at NBA
- Wayne Katz, Partner at Proskauer Rose LLP
- Anthony Dreyer, Partner at Skadden
- Greg Carrey, Managing Director at Goldman Sachs
- Peter White, Partner at DLA Piper
- Drew Rosenhaus, Rosenhaus Sports
- Jason Rosenhaus, Rosenhaus Sports
Cost: Free. Register here.