Happy Mother’s Day this Sunday to all the moms who read and enjoy Sports Agent Blog. After a very tough Game 1, my Miami Heat came back to destroy the Chicago Bulls in Game 2 of the East Semis. I absolutely love this time of year when NBA Playoffs basketball really heats up. On Forbes this week: (1) ESPN Enters Deal To Air New Pro Gymnastics Challenge; (2) Miami Dolphins Stuck Without Stadium Renovations Despite Support In Tallahassee; (3) Atlas Venture Delivers $7 Million To Daily Fantasy Sports Provider DraftKings, Inc.; (4) The Legacy Agency Aims To Increase Clients’ Reach And Revenue Through FanTree Partnership; (5) Hope For An NBA Team In Louisville Suffers A Slight Setback; (6) NFL Players Association Amends Its Agent Certification Rules And Regulations; and (7) Mother’s Day Means Pink Baseball Bats For Eighth Consecutive Year. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- In depth investigation by Eric Prisbell [AAU coach: I took money intended to steer Ben McLemore].
- Excellent profile of Octagon’s Andy Ross during the NFL Draft ['Back in the first round!' Selling an NFL future].
- But CAA was not involved [Roc Nation makes pitch to represent Geno Smith].
- Going to be another strong draft class for Boras Corp. [Scott Boras Likely To Advise Kris Bryant].
- A lot of unrealistic, fluffy language contained therein [Governor signs measure to increase regulation of sports agents].
- Offer was $2+ billion? [Forstmann Little Rejected Colony Capital Unsolicited Offer for IMG This Year -FT]
- Tebow, Phelps, Bolt, Jeter [Tim Tebow Tops Forbes' 2013 List Of America's Most Influential Athletes].
- Major League Soccer Players Union released salary information for all MLS players [Player Salary Information].