Last week’s Sports Lawyers Association annual gathering in Atlanta, Georgia was a great event. Over 700 attendees were on site to listen in on some interesting panels, but my favorite part is to see colleagues from around the country who are continuing to put forth excellent work on behalf of their clientele. How about the finish to Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals? I can’t wait to be back in the American Airlines Arena tonight for Game 2! This past week on FORBES: (1) Inaugural Sports PR Summit To Take Place At MLB Fan Cave; (2) Billy Hunter’s Lawsuit Against Derek Fisher And The NBPA Could Be Worth Millions Of Dollars; (3) Dwight Howard And Chandler Parsons Will Share The Same Agent; (4) Jay-Z Hires Football Agent To Represent Players At Roc Nation Sports; and (5) Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Sports Signs New York Jets QB Geno Smith. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- 99 problems but a Benz ain’t one [Skylar Diggins gets car from Jay-Z].
- Trey will become TLA’s first active NBA player [The Legacy Agency Signs NCAA National Player of the Year and Top NBA Prospect Trey Burke].
- And he’s more than happy to speak to NCAA investigators [McLemore talks for first time about allegations AAU coach took money].
- Last worked with CAA Football [Sports agent Jim Steiner joins Morgan Stanley].
- Thorough breakdown by Joel Corry [Agent’s take: Examining what went wrong with the Oakland Raiders].
- I also covered this in my article on FORBES [Jay-Z takes clear risk in signing Geno Smith].
- On baseball agent Rob Plummer [Miracle star has agent’s undivided attention].
- Warren Zola’s stance is quite clear in this article [Personal foul: It’s time to share the wealth with college athletes].