Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (5/31/2013)
This week’s Friday Wrap-up is heavy on Joe Flacco’s agent, Joe Linta, who publicly called the Baltimore Ravens “dumb”. This is probably my favorite time of the year, especially in recent past with the Miami Heat dominating the NBA. Last night’s game was a blast to witness in person. This week on FORBES: (1) Music Streaming Service Supplies Upbeat Playlists For The Fitness Freak; (2) Pacers And Racers: Indy 500 And Indiana Pacers Promote Each Other On Big Day For Indianapolis; and (3) Mobile App Connects Sports Fans In The Crowd And On The Couch. And as always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Linta says he’s never in his life seen a dumber move [Agent: Ravens dumb for waiting to sign Flacco].
- Are Linta’s comments “indicative of the evolution of the sports agency business?” [Recent comments reveal how sports agents and their impact have changed]
- Also says it must have been a slow news day [Joe Linta Agent For Joe Flacco Defends His Comments About Ravens Front Office].
- NFL will invest $32 million – $1 million per team [NFL is first sports league to start venture capital arm, looking for new revenue streams].
- Article says Miale has until today to respond to the NFLPA’s investigation [Ball’s in Roc Nation court].
- Concerning his new relationship with The Legacy Agency [The Vision for Trey Burke Off The Court].
- But IMG earned $135,000 [Park-naming rights plan a bust, leaving $13 million hole in Bloomberg’s budget].
- Quite young [Jockey agent, 18, plows ahead].