Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (6/7/2013)
Can you feel the Heat down in your soul? I was the guest speaker for a Middle School graduation yesterday. That was quite the experience. I am so tired of people saying that the Miami Heat play in South Beach. This article was rather refreshing to read. This week on FORBES: (1) Seth Jones Headlines Group Of New Reebok-CCM Hockey Endorsers; (2) New San Francisco 49ers Stadium Will Be Referred To As Field Of Jeans?; (3) DeSean Jackson Rumored To Be Interested In Jay-Z’s Roc Nation Sports; (4) Could Point 3 Become The World’s Best Basketball Apparel Company?; and (5) Heat Vs. Spurs NBA Finals Tickets Moderately Priced, Especially In San Antonio. As always, the weekly wrap-up:
- Will manage and represent Bradshaw in broadcasting, marketing, sponsorship, endorsements and new business ventures [IMG SIGNS NFL LEGEND AND ICONIC SPORTS BROADCASTER TERRY BRADSHAW].
- All about Eugene Parker, the “mysterious NFL agent?” [High-stakes hardball]
- The potential maximum contract [Breaking Down Dwight as a Rocket].
- Could sign as soon as the U.S. Open is complete [Tiger Woods, Nike close to deal].
- An estimated $78.1 million last year, alone [Tiger Woods Is Back On Top Of The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes].
- Hopefully people like Marc Edelman help fix it up [Will The New Uniform Athlete Agents Act Continue To Pander To The NCAA?].
- That $2 billion number keeps coming up [Private equity group CVC eyeing IMG].
- Appears to be unanimous in favor of experience [Would you rather be represented by Jay-Z or an established agent?].