Shabbat Shalom: Friday Wrap-up (6/14/2013)
Looking forward to heading up to Minneapolis, Minnesota for the first time ever to be a part of the Sports Law for Rookies and Veterans event. It will be fun to meet new people and see some old friends including Steve Silton, Blake Baratz and my Miami neighbor, Claire Zovko. I just hope that the NBA Finals do not go 7 games, or else I will hate myself for missing out on watching the deciding game in-person. This week on FORBES: (1) Scott Boras Dominates Day 1 Of MLB Draft, Advising Mark Appel And Kris Bryant; (2) Kevin Durant Switching To Jay-Z Is A Powerful Public Service Announcement; (3) Tim Tebow To The New England Patriots; (4) Gatorade Goes Big During NBA Finals; (5) New York Jets Antonio Cromartie Fixes Finances With Help Of Business Manager; (6) Under Armour Extends Baltimore Ravens Relationship With Matt Elam Endorsement. As always, the weekly wrap-up:
- 9 days ago.. [Roc Nation, NFLPA meet about Jay-Z’s tie to Geno Smith].
- P. Diddy, Johnnie Cochran, Babyface, Master P, Jermaine Dupri [Can Jay-Z succeed where other entertainers have failed?]
- Under threat of suspension [MLB using testimony from minor leaguers to condemn players with Biogenesis ties].
- I had trouble following this story [Sports agent cleared over Blackberry phone murder].
- Reportedly seeking a 10 times or better EBITDA multiple [‘Lear’ fielding offers].
- 6-figures to endorse a national brand such as a restaurant chain [Sports broadcasters and their endorsement deals; New Doctor J doc.].
- “a new playa has entered the field of sports representation” [Jay-Z isn’t your father’s sports agent].
- Petty? Funny? Bold? All of the above? [WME Punks CAA With ‘CAAN’T’ Posters Around Hollywood]